Gaston Callum

Height:6’0
Weight:180
Hair:Light Brown
Eyes:Blue
Clothing:Unknown.

Details of Disappearance:
Gaston was last seen  by a family member on November 13 or 14th of 2010 running track at UNCW,  He was riding a mountain bike, but unknown make or color.
Family members state that he had a passion for photography and he would often travel around the state  displaying his artwork.  In January of 2010,  after being evicted from his place of residence Gaston had placed all of his artwork in a storage until and left behind a note on the back of a Micheal Jordan photograph stating that whoever received that photograph to please take care of it. He left all of his personal belongings behind including his wallet. Prior to his disappearance he was unemployed. His case remains unsolved.

Investigative Agency:
New Hanover Sheriff Dept (North Carolina)
(910) 798-4200

If you have any information on this case please contact CUE Center For Missing Persons using the contact form below or contact Cue Center at (910) 343-1131 24 hour tip line (910) 232-1687.

cuelogo2

All information submitted to CUE Center For Missing Persons is confidential.

SHARES

Comments

10 Responses to “Gaston Callum”
  1. Bryan Murray says:

I talked to Ward in October of 2010 and he said that he had some rural property near Chapel Hill that he was going to go work on with the intention of selling. I have no other details.

2. andrew montgomery says:

I am stunned to see this, very shocking as I used to do some of Wards picture framing around 1997-1999 and we got to be friends. He had told me that he had a twin sister that had killed herself and seemed somewhat depressed back then.

3. Marla says:

The last time I spoke with Ward he told me he was heading to South Carolina in the fall of 2010. I believe I have the last pictures ever taken of him. I assumed he moved to the Charleston area and was just living in the county and just cut his cell service off… I assumed he would contact me when he decided to rejoin the world again. The man in Charleston had even paid him or given him money in advance but he never made it down there. Any updates? Maybe Mexico? He loved Mexico.

4. Mary-Margaret Gressette says:

Has there been any progress on Ward’s disappearance?

5. kirk chauncey says:

Ward was my cousin. I last spoke to him a few weeks before he disappeared . He told me he was living in his car . I told him to go to the salvation army. He was very depressed . Was his car ever found? I thought that it was found abandoned.

6. Jim Glover says:

Gaston and I had gotten to be great friends and he used to come stay at my villa on Seabrook Island with his dog who he rescued from an abandoned plantation. We photographed Whitehall which was my ancestral home Lavington plantation in Colleton County and also the rulings of rock Spring plantation. He seem to like nothing better than finding an old abandoned Lowcountry plantation the photograph especially if it was overcast or slightly raining. I spoke with him about the time of his disappearance but he had to quickly hang up as he said he was conserving his cell minutes. I thought nothing about it. I never saw his depressed or dark side he was always upbeat and seem to me to be a very genuine person.

7. Player says:

Ward and I grew up on the same street in Wilmington and were very close back in the day, even lifeguarded one summer at Wrightsville Beach back in the early 80s. He had one older sister, Archer, who was three years older. We grew apart after college, but I’ve never forgotten the bond established while running and bicycling around the neighborhood as kids. Ward was a quick study on a bicycle and a skateboard. He was intrigued with photography and not unlike cycling and skateboarding, he became very good at it. It wasn’t but a couple of months ago that I thought of him and what he might be up to these days, so I am very sorry to hear of his disappearance. Quite bizarre to say the least!
    I really hope he is enjoying himself in Mexico or some place where he has found happiness. And hope to see him again someday.

8. Keith Flynn says:

Looking for any person who may have a better photograph of Gaston Ward Callum.Gaston spent a considerable amount of time with me in Charleston,SC.He had an exhibition of his photography that was displayed at the Bellamy House in Wilmington,NC.He also displayed his work at the Gibbes Museum of Art in Charleston,SC.Between those two exhibitions he was shown at the Virginia Historical Society building.Since his disappearance I have tracked some of the pieces to Asheville ,
    NC.Sadly,the person who had the exhibition is reported to have died.If you knew Gaston,or Ward, as he was known in Wilmington please feel free to contact me at my office at 843-824-8742.Some information has come forward and your cooperation would be greatly appreciated.