Alaska-Anchorage County- UNID
Unidentified White Female
* Discovered on July 21, 1980 in Anchorage, Anchorage County, Alaska.
* Death had occurred about a year before discovery.
* Manner of death is homicide. The victim had been stabbed in the back.
* Estimated age: Late teens – early 20’s
* Approximate Height and Weight: 4’11” – 5’3″
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Long, reddish-brown hair.
* Clothing: Knee-high, reddish-brown, high-heeled vinyl boots, jeans, a sleeveless knit top and a brown leather jacket. She also wore several pieces of of jewelry. None of it is valuable or particularly distinctive, but a silver cuff bracelet with polished stones may be handmade.
* DNA: Available
* Dentals: Available
The victim was found on July 21, 1980 buried along a power line outside Eklutna.
In 1984, a local baker named Robert Hansen listed her among the 17 women he admitted killing in and around Anchorage. He said she was his first victim, but didn’t know her name. Hansen said that she was a topless dancer or a prostitute and that he was going to take her to his home. On the way, the woman tried to escape. Hansen then killed her.
The victim had no identification and could not be matched to a missing persons report. Hansen said the woman might have said she or her family lived in Kodiak. Troopers believe she may have come to Alaska from Washington or California.
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Alaska State Troopers
Anchorage Police Department
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number: 96-51484
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.