Iowa-Near Decorah, Winneshiek County
Unidentified White Male
* The victim was discovered on March 31, 1986 near Decorah, Winneshiek County, Iowa.
* Cause of death: Unknown; possibly from exposure to the elements.
* Estimated date of death: April 1985
* Skeletal remains
* Estimated age: 33-36 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5’6″- 5’9″; 145-160 pounds.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; medium build.
* Clothing: Plaid white, tan, black, pile-lined jacket, medium white, tan, short sleeve terry cloth shirt, blue corduroy pants with 33″ waist, black socks, extra-large blue windbreaker and brown shoes. The pictures show the clothing the individual was wearing.
* Dentals: Available
* DNA: Not Available
The victim was located between hay bales on a farm near Decorah, Winneshiek County, Iowa on March 31, 1986.
The individual may have been traveling from Ohio to California.
He had a one dollar bill, pink blanket and a match book in his possession.
If you have any information on this case, please contact:
Winneshiek County Sheriff’s Office
Iowa Missing Person Information Clearinghouse
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.