Missouri -St. Louis, St. Louis County, Missouri-UNID
Unidentified Black Female Child
* Located on February 28, 1983 in St. Louis, St. Louis County, Missouri
* Cause of death was homicide; the victim was strangled.
* Estimated Date of Death: 5 days prior.
* Estimated age: 8-11 years old (DOB circa 1972-75).
* Approximate Height and Weight: 4’10”; 70 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: She was well-nourished. She had no scars, deformities or irregularities. Medium complexion.
* Clothing: She was wearing a yellow, v-necked, long-sleeved sweater and 2 coats of red and purple fingernail polish.
* Fingerprints: Available
* Dentals: Not Available
* DNA: Available
The victim was located in a vacant apartment building on Clemens Avenue in St. Louis, Missouri on February 28, 1983. Two men who were in the basement of the building discovered the young girl. She was lying face-down in the furnace room with her hands tied behind her back with red and white nylon rope. The victim had been sexually assaulted prior to being strangled, which was the cause of her death.
The victim’s head had been removed with a large-bladed knife after her death. Her head has never been discovered. She had been killed elsewhere and brought to the vacant building after her death.
There were no signs of previous abuse on the victim’s body. There was no specific features that would give clues as to her identity.
The St. Louis authorities have conducted extensive investigations into the victim’s identity since 1983 and have received no clear leads. Her murderer(s) remain unknown, although several suspects have been under investigation. No arrests have been made in the case.
Authorities believe she was probably from out of state as they checked school records around Missouri very thoroughly. They conducted a nationwide search, including running ads in every Africa-American newspaper and magazine in the country and corresponded with every state police agency.
If you have any information concerning this young girl’s identity or the circumstances surrounding her homicide, please contact:
St. Louis Police Department
Detective Thomas Carroll
Missouri State Highway Patrol
or CUE Center For Missing Persons
24 Hour Tip Line (910) 232-1687
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.