Nevada-Washoe County, Nevada-UNID
Unidentified White Male
* The victim was discovered on January 7, 2008 in Washoe County, Nevada
* Estimated Date of Death: Days prior
* Estimated age: 45-60 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5’9″; 197 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Long brown-grey hair pulled back into a small ponytail; brown eyes. Brown-grey beard.
* Clothing: Flannel brown jacket, black hooded sweatshirt, green nylon “2000 Northern NV Golf Tournament jacket, brown “Orange County Choppers” t-shirt, blue denim trousers, and grey “US Airforce” sweatpants. Black boots. Blenders Gold Nicaragua cigars, X7 AA batteries, fingernail clippers, chewing tobacco.
* Fingerprints: Washoe County Medical Examiner has partial prints of right middle, left thumb and left index. These prints were analyzed by the FBI with no match.
The victim was located on the North side of the Truckee River, 1/4 miles east of the Mustang Exit on January 7, 2008.
A hunter was hunting on the south side of the Truckee River when he observed the decedent, located on the north side of the river, face-down in the water. 911 was called and emergency personnel responded to the scene.
The victim’s body appeared to have been in the Truckee River prior to washing onto the rivers edge. He was dressed for the cold temperatures the area had been experiencing.
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Washoe County Medical Examiners / Coroners Office
Washoe County Detective Division
or CUE Center For Missing Persons
24 Hour Tip Line (910) 232-1687
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:
ME: 0048-08; WC08-222