West Virginia-town of Littleton, Wetzel County
Sketches of Victim
# Unidentified White Female Located on February 13, 1983 along US Route 250, near the town of Littleton, Wetzel County, West Virginia.
# Estimated Date of Death: Two days
# Cause of Death: Possible suffocation
* Estimated age: 30 – 40 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5’5; 135 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Medium length auburn hair, possibly brown eyes. Double pierced ears, orange-painted toenails. Shaved legs and underarms.
* Distinguishing Marks: Cesarean section scar, “cut” scar on left index finger.
* Clothing: No clothing located.
* Blood Type: ABO B
* Dentals: Available Victim had immediate type upper denture; #17, #18 and #32 of the lower mandible missing. On #19 Buccal pit amalgam and occlusal amalgam; on #30 MO amalgam and large Buccal amalgam pit; on #31 occlusal amalgam, slight mobility.
The victim was located near the town of Littleton, Wetzel County on February 13, 1983. An elderly couple spotted what they believed to be a body or mannequin lying in the snow over a hill.
The woman had been dead for two days but she was dropped off only a few hours before being found. Snow had fallen over the three previous days but there was no snow on top of the body, there were fresh tracks and footprints near the body.
It’s possible that she may have worked at, frequented or lived near a bar in Wheeling. There appeared to be no evidence of a struggle or of sexual assault or signs of violence.
West Virginia State Police troopers were looking for a white male in his 40s in connection with the case. He described the man as weighing between 185 and 200 pounds and standing about 5 feet, 10 inches tall. The man was apparently spotted in the area where her body was found.
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
West Virginia State Police
Police Hundred Detachment
Corporal Bill Henderson
West Virginia State Police Cold Case
Investigator Sergeant Danny Swiger
You may remain anonymous when submitting information to any agency.