Missing Since: 05/04/07
Missing from: Belton, Missouri
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: 02/17/90
Age at disappearance: 17
Weight: 110-125 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Distinguishing Characteristics: Scar on forehead.
Double-pierced ears, pierced navel.
Clothing: Jeans and white tank top.
Details of Disappearance
Kara was last seen on May 4, 2007 in Belton, Missouri. She was pictured on her school’s security camera leaving the building aound 10 a.m. Kara does not have a car, so she would have either been on foot or someone was there to pick her up. It has been confirmed that the last phone call on her cell phone was about 10:30 a.m. Since then, the police have determined that either the cell phone has been shut off or the battery has run down. In addition to that, there has been no activity on her bank account and nothing is missing from her house. All of her clothes, belongings, and iPod are still in her room.
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Belton Police Department
Detective Lonnie Lodge
•May 2,2010: Walk Marks Kopetsky Case Anniversary
- April 8, 2010: Crews Search Pond In Kopetsky Case
- April 7, 2010: FBI Searches Field For Missing Belton Teen
- May 3, 2009: Kara Kopetsky: 2 Years, No Answers
- February 17, 2009: Family Honors Birthday Of Missing Belton Teen
- November 14, 2008: Reward Increased For Missing Belton Girl
- August 30, 2008: Rally Spotlights Local Missing People
- August 20, 2008: Fundraiser Held For Missing Belton Teen
- October 6, 2007: Police: Body Found Is Not Kara Kopetsky
- October 5, 2007: MoDOT Workers Discover Body Near Belton
- September 10, 2007: 4 Months Later, Belton Teen Still Missing
- June 25, 2007: Blunt Asks AG To Help Find Missing Belton Teen
- June 13, 2007: Video Of Missing Belton Teen Released
- June 11, 2007: Missing Teen’s Friends Organize Flier Campaign
- June 9, 2007: Family, Friends Search For Missing Belton Teen
- June 8, 2007: Belton Family Still Searching For Missing Teen
- June 6, 2007: Police: Missing Belton Girl Not Related To Smith Case
- May 14, 2007: Parents Of Missing Belton Teen Ask For Help
Video released by Belton Police Department of Kara on the day of her disappearance:
If you have any information on this case please contact CUE Center For Missing Persons using the contact form below or contact Cue Center at (910) 343-1131 24 hour tipline (910) 232-1687.
All information submitted to CUE Center For Missing Persons is confidential.